Samuel Alboum, Attorney at Law: P: 215-540-5820 F: 215-546-3821
   Home    |    Practice Areas    |    About Samuel Alboum    |    Offices    |    Contact Us

  Extension of Stay

Non-citizen visitors who wish to remain in this country beyond the expiration dates on their visas may, under certain circumstances, request an extension of stay. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regulates this process by issuing an Arrival/Departure Record (Form I-94) to everyone who enters or leaves the United States. A non-citizen wishing to extend his or her stay must file an appropriate request BEFORE the departure date indicated on the form.

An extension of stay may be granted if the petitioner entered this country with a nonimmigrant visa that remains valid at the time of the request. In addition, the petitioner may not be convicted of a crime. The petitioner must complete the appropriate USCIS form, based upon the person’s nonimmigrant status. If the government denies the request for an extension, the applicant may file a motion to reopen or a motion for reconsideration.

Attorney Sam Alboum has represented numerous individuals who wish to extend their stay. That is why, when it comes time to extend your stay in this country, you, your family or a friend should contact Attorney Sam Alboum, a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. Sam knows the laws, procedures and regulations for obtaining extensions of stay. Sam speaks fluent German, and also can arrange interpreter services as needed.

If you, a loved one or friend want to live in the United States with family or want to extend your stay in this country, contact Philadelphia Immigration Attorney Sam Alboum at (215) 546-3820, or click here to send Sam an email.